Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mee Tonggek.. What's that?

Yesterday, I didn't cook for iftar, as Mr Waled had cravings for Bazar Ramadhan Food. He dragged me there and we had strolled for 2 rounds and still he didn't manage to fulfill his appetite.. I would say he's behaving like a small boy cravings just everything.. In the looking for Iftar food I was attracted to this stall as I never heard of the menu before..


Seriously, I never heard about this menu. So a bit "jakun" yesterday.. kekekee.. I've no idea why is 'tonggek' has to do with the various kinds of noodles, but this stall has many customer lining up to buy their noodles. So I would say the noodles must be tasty ey.. Don't feel like having noodles yesterday for I have planned to make Asam Pedas Ikan Pari.. But it seems to be postponed to some other day.. As i had bought nasi kerabu for yesterday's Iftar.. Hmm.. no piccas of food as we reached home at 7.10pm after picking up cheesestix and chicken bun and drop by to presint 8 market to buy banana and cheesestix nuggets.. But I managed to fry sardines roll as we still hav half loaf of gardenia.

So then till the next post.. Have a nice day everyone..

2 comments:

ibuiklil said...

sedap ke? aku nampak post ko kat jimel berkenaan mee nih.. pastu jalan2 kat param nampak kedai nih terus tingat ko..

Anonymous said...

Mee tonggek tu asal dr mamak yang jual depan panggung wayang empire sebelah pekan rabu alor setar 30 tahun yg lalu. Nama penuh 'mee mamak tonggek' diberi kerana disebabkan oleh bangku makan yang selalunya penuh terpaksalah orang yang nak makan kat situ makan bertinggung @ dalam keadaan tonggek sana sini nak cari tempat duduk..selalunya jadilah dia mee tonggek..sedapnya tuhan saja yg tahu..bayangkan mee campur beehoon letak daun bawang dan toge saja.